Rp Junkies

Come one and all and fill your needs, addictions, and pleasure. We have what you would need rp wise. If we dont have it we can make it!
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Dungons and Dragons (a test)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:16 pm

As travelers come to the City of Manifest they can see the remnants of an older city as they come in after passing the thick growth of the spirit trees and the Morvanthaus River. The Atmosphere is one of any other city for any one that is just coming to this city. As many enter they head to the portal district. Many different races pass through this city humanoid and some not so others. For those that have lived in the city know of its many undead citizens that wander about waiting for their time to pass through the veil.

For the story opens up on three adventurers of a human, an half elf and a elf as they arrive in this half living and half dead town. Rintal looks about and sighs as he shifts about in his armor, not fond of the fact there are visible undead walking about him with the living. Then again he was never able to adjust to the strangeness of the City seeing that they were the first handful of people sent over to the new guild. A few people snicker as he places his hands behind his head since not many people any where have seen a elf paladin, expectational an apathetic looking one seeing that there are many undead about. Rintal closes his eyes as he enjoys being up from below as he soaks in the sun rays that make him feel like the living again before the officer of the guild smacks him out side the head with papers.
"No slacking off shrimp We got a job." Rintal rubs his head where he got hit as he reads the papers that got handed to him. "You guys better work out what those disturbances are about the Tombyards seems like people have been taking bodies before the death wardens can get to them."

Rintal waits for Ryan to leave before asking, " Any reason why he seems to hit me and not either of you two?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
2
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
18
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
5

Rintal was not the only one noticeably uneasy. Iden Urias, the tallest and heaviest built of the lot, was looking from side to side as he walked with his party. That there were undead walking the street was only partially his concern. The presence of other normally-hostile demihumans was also working against him, the number of familiar faces too low for his liking. As well as he could keeping up with his group, he scanned and listened to passed crowds and loiterers for any possible sign of risk or threat. He also attempted to listen whilst going through the ruined outskirts, but how much was just the wind and his imagination and how much was actually heard was beyond him. [Listen Check, Rolls 1 & 2 respectively]

"No slacking off shrimp We got a job. You guys better work out what those disturbances are about the Tombyards seems like people have been taking bodies before the death wardens can get to them." Ryan's words distracted him, working against his listening but at least giving them a purpose. [Listen Check, Roll 3] As he wandered off afterwards, the Elf Paladin was first to speak up.

"Any reason why he seems to hit me and not either of you two?"

"If I had to guess it's the creak in his neck he's getting having to look down at you," jested Iden, at once at Ryan and Rintal's expense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray



Posts : 154
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 28
Location : In front of a computer

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Xanaphia was as anxious as the other two with their present location. It gave her an odd sense comfort and security that she wasn't the only one feeling this way. As she looked around the half-elf sighed at the unnatural sight of the dead walking about them freely, thankful Ryan had shown up with something for them to do so she could take her mind off it. Giggling after watching the exchange between him and Rintal and smirking after Iden spoke up Xanaphia answered "Well, it could be that, or maybe you remind him of his wife. You do look just like her and I think they're on bad terms lately," the smirk never leaving her face as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:29 pm

As Iden walked through the ruins he periodically heard something small running about the ruins with something larger running away. As far as he can tell that its probably wildlife skittering away from the main path.

Rintal looks up at the sky with a slightly bothered but questioning look on his face as he hears the comments about his height and his fair looks. He lets out a faint sigh as his shoulders slump as he rather use to people poking fun at him for being short, the jokes about looking like a girl, and being an elf paladin. Rintal shakes his head slightly as he looks for the signs pointing them to the Tombyards. Of course Rintal being him self and in a City he manages to get the party lost till he sheepishly steps down and says, "Er how about one of you two figure out how to get there." He looks away and doesn't want to admit to his inability to navigating cities he does not know



((roll for spot))
zincks carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:37 am

Of course, separate an Elf from their wood and they're lost as a child. Should have tagged a Dwarf along as well. Rintal, once more, managed to get his lot lost in a city that by all rights should have been relatively straight-forward. It's a graveyard. Graveyard! They're not hard to find. Yeah, none of them new the city, but that didn't mean it should be a chore to find the place. He was sorta looking around as the Paladin led them, but was more interested in listening: Ears weren't the sharpest, but then blabbing townsfolk tended not to understand the concept of noise discipline.

"Any idea where to, Xana?" Iden didn't care for the lack of professionalism in shortening her name: They weren't exactly doing a bang-up job of looking well trained as it was. "If not, why not just talk to someone? Not like a few coppers won't get them pointing us in the right direction."

((Spot check's at -5 for being distracted, as is Listening as he's scanning around about as much as listening. Roll 1's spot, Roll 2's Listening. Assuming both Epic Failure, I assume I lost your lot while walking.))

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
2
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Fri May 07, 2010 5:09 pm

(dunno where thray is so onward)

Rintal looks about hopelessly as he realizes that he and Iden have lost Xanaphia in his horrable directions and getting even more lost with only Him and Iden wandering about. Unknown to the two they are heading in the opposite direction that they want to go and down below the ground. " Hey Iden do you really think the Tomb yard is down under the ground?" Rintal looks doubtful as he watches the crumbling entrance of the cavern they discovered in a forgotten part of town that is falling into disrepair in some areas. The wall Rintal places his hand on to steading him self getting down sways dangeriously getting The paladin to pull his hand away quickly as he eyes the wall with extream leeriness. The cavern is realatively small at first before it opens up into a place where rintal sighs as he pulls out a torch and lights it up as he frowns slightly at the buildings that show in the flickering fire light throwing long and deep shadows where the light touches.

The crumbling buildings are extreamly old from the looks of it indicating this was probly one of the cites that Manifest was built on. The houses they past look well enough in stablity even with a wall missing from time to time and well preserved. the ground is littered with broken pavement and stones making the ground uneven but still easily transferable as the streets arr defined for the most part by the buildings

(roll spot and listen)
zincks carried out 2 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
7 , 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Fri May 07, 2010 5:13 pm

zincks carried out 4 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
16 , 3 , 5 , 17
(forgot the other things haha....)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Fri May 07, 2010 5:20 pm

"Underground? No, don't think it'd be there." Iden was still looking around as he walked with Rintal, but missed whenever Xanaphia got separated from the group. For that matter, he practically missed realizing that they were walking into an old section of town - too many matters jumping around in his mind (ironically all about asking for directions or other navigational things).

"Not particularly one for the dark, though. Really not one for the dark. You have any ideas for how to get back to the surface?"

Iden couldn't see well in the dark - couldn't see well at all. As such, he pretty much gave up on looking around and instead tried to listen for something. He also rested a hand with his flail, not exactly confident in with so little light and space.


(( First one is Spot, with I'm giving a -10 as he's both distracted, not putting much attention any more, and it's dark. Listen is the second. ))

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
13
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sat May 08, 2010 1:18 pm

zincks carried out 8 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
7 , 9 , 1 , 1 , 5 , 11 , 9 , 3
zincks carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
9
zincks carried out 4 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
4 , 6 , 6 , 6
zincks carried out 1 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sat May 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Rintal stops and grimices slightly, " Well we mostly walked in a single line so we should be able to get out easily.." He turns his head to look back where they came from where hits of the entrance they entered into showed in the far distance. Just as he looks away he looks about as they both hear a noise of some stone some where in the dark falling to the floor or more accurately the echo through the cavern but distance seems to be far.

Rintal hand starts moving his hand to his sword as a quadruped resembling a hairless, scaly dog launches it's self at the surprised paladin missing him completely as the tail flie swildly about just as a bolt fires out of the darkness arching harmlessly over Iden, clattering uselessly a distance off. There is a faint hissing like noise as they see a figure in the shadows move back as the dog lands and growls dangerously, with it's deadly looking stinger curved over it's head ready to strike again. Rintal's eyes are quite wide as he drops the torch and readys him self for the next attack. "Wut the?"

(Iden's attacks come before the next attacks im rolling for here)
1-4 dog's attacks on rin, 5 is crossbow shot at iden, then 6 rintal's attack)
zincks carried out 6 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
10 , 14 , 11 , 4 , 8 , 17

poison-last d8 is rintal's damage
zincks carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
8
zincks carried out 2 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
1 , 5
crossbow-the claw and bites
zincks carried out 4 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
6 , 6 , 2 , 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sat May 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Iden had his flail in his hand before the bolt flung over his head, cursing at their luck. Of course we walk into an ambush.

~ If the Dog is within attack reach, and the Yuan-Ti is not ~

With the dog the closest threat and pre-occupied with Rintal, Iden figured he might have a shot at landing a good blow against it. He wasn't liking the look of its tail, but that only gave all the more reason to take it out. Plus, it might put some cover between him and its master. His only hope was that he didn't miss, as he didn't yet have his shield at the ready and he'd really dislike having to deal with the barb with only a chain shirt.

(First roll = attack attempting to make an attack, I have +5 to that roll. Second roll = damage if I hit, which should be at +3 if not mistaken due to Strength Bonus')

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
9
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
1


~ If the Yuan-Ti is in reach, whether the dog is or not ~

Rintal could deal with the dog-thing, hopefully. Iden was a bit more preoccupied with the guy who tried to put a bolt into his face. Responding to its his with a bellow of his own, he made a weighted swing in an attempt to stun the attacker (or, preferably, do more than stun). If he could neutralize it fast enough, or Rintal with her own enemy, then they could help the other out in turn. Mutt better not sting me in the back.

(Rolls are the same as last time)

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
12
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
8


~ If neither is within reach ~

Better to attack the enemy he could see than the serpent in the dark. Noting where the bolt came from, Iden tried to sling his shield to the ready and move to put the 'hound' between him and where the shot had come from.

(That's all I could do in a single round, I believe: Move action & draw shield)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sat May 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Seeing that the dog is dead foused on Rintal and not close to Idem nor is the yaun-ti in the shadows that is moving back and fires on Idem as the bolt clears his shoulder by a good foot. The dog thing called a Nifeg, leaps at Rintal yet again as he brings his shield up to defend him self easily side stepping the strange creature as he gets his sword ready as the tail bangs the shield harmlessly. Rintal steadies him self as he swings his sword forward and grimaces as the sword cuts into the canine as it yelps in piain as there is the sickening thunk of his sword hitting something more solid then flesh as he whips his blade free as he steps back and raises his shield as he readys for it's next attack. (5+3= 8 damage, 7 hp left)

The yaun-ti narrows their eyes as they see that their dog is in trouble desides to try to appeal to the one that is not fighting as they whisper out in a honeyed voice of a female, " Oh please sir im sorry i thought you were someone else. You startled me and my pet. Please call your companion off Regis."

(bluff, if bluff works then discount: 4 attacks, resistance, rins attack roll)
zincks carried out 7 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
12 , 18 , 4 , 9 , 10 , 4 , 12
poison-last d8 is rintal's damage
zincks carried out 2 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
8 , 6
attack
zincks carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
4 , 1 , 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sat May 08, 2010 8:50 pm

((Roll to test against Bluff))

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sat May 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Iden didn't necessarily doubt that it might be the case that the snake-thing was lost or startled - they most certainly were both, and this town wasn't exactly the easiest for non-natives to navigate. However, he wasn't about to stick his neck out on the line on just a word. The voice also sounded a bit too sweet for his liking - Rintal sounded masculine next to it, and anything that made him sound like he was a man was sure to be up to something.

Pulling his arm back, he swung heavily at the thing. "Tough luck chum."

((Once more, +5 to hit and +3 to damage if I do hit))

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
18
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Rintal's eyes widen as he catches the claws hit the sheilf anf the stinger misses him but that is the lease of his worries as the dog's muzzle fastens about his nick line where it meats up with his shoulder, biting through his armor as he yelps in pain stumbling back as his sword misses the canine in his panic (4+2=6 to rintal)

The yaun-ti screaches in pain as Idem's flail strikes her thigh as he hisses in pain and moves back to draw her short sword.
(8-18= 10 hp left)

(dogs attacks, rest, rintal attack
zincks carried out 6 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
7 , 17 , 11 , 4 , 9 , 5
zincks carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
1 , 2 , 1
zincks carried out 2 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
5 , 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
16
Roll for initiative Razz

EDIT: Edit because I roll a D20 apparently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 4:47 pm

11, 17, 7 orginals
initiatives, rin, yaun-ti, dog

yaun-ti, rintal, dog(4), restance
zincks carried out 7 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
16 , 15 , 11 , 5 , 15 , 13 , 15
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 5:03 pm

zincks carried out 2 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
2 , 1
(yaun-ti and dog's only hitting attack)
rins attack
zincks carried out 1 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Iden snarled in pain as he felt the overgrown snake's blade bite him in the arm. It was a sound swing, but luckily was thrown out hastily. He intended to pay it back for its mistake. Before its blade arm was drawn back, his own weapon arced out in an attempt to brain it... her... whatever it was.


Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
13
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d8 (Image not informed.) :
5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Idem's fliail crashes down on the side of her head and shoulder as she crys out in pain. Rintal slashes at his attacker to get a feeble whimper out if it as it slumps forward on his blade. He kicks it away just as the yaun-ti slinks back quickly before running as they shift forms into a median sized viper and slithers away. (20ft a round)

Rintal holds his sword hand to his wound as he looks about for Idem wondering where he got off to as he trys to stem the flow of blood. "Idem?"

yaun-ti initiative and attack for opportunity shot
zincks carried out 2 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
16 , 16


Last edited by Zincks on Sun May 09, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
14
((Initiative to see what I do next))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Iden took a few steps after the thing, but damn was it fast. His plan to tackle it to the ground for information wouldn't work at the speed it was going. He'd have to try something else...

Luckily, while his mind might not have been the quickest, his memory was. I have a dagger. Dropping his flail and reaching for his dagger in the same motion, he drew the object and threw it at the quickly retreating viper. With any luck, he'd manage to slow the thing down before it got too far. If luckier, it'd at least be findable (the dagger) after the toss.

"I'll get you!" He said as he threw the weapon.


Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
7
Pontius carried out 1 launched of one d4 (Image not informed.) :
1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 5:55 pm

"... Well, shit."

'Clang' was not the sound a dagger made when it hit a snake. For that matter, it wasn't the sound a dagger made when hitting anything you wanted it to hit. Now I'll have to look for the blasted thing. Better not be any slinkers who take it. But, before he could search, he heard Rintal.

"Idem?"

"Shi-," he had nearly forgotten about the Elf. It didn't exactly sound like they were in the best of health either. "I'm coming Rintal!" He replied loudly, turning and running back toward the fallen torch where the Paladin was gathering trying to stabilize himself. "Kord, that thing did a number on you. Need a hand?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin


Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : In my head

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Rintal looks at Idem with a worn look as he seems paler then normal in the light . He forces a lopsided smile as he says in a waning voice, " Heh yeah that would be great." he shifts his hands so he can slide his blade away as the flow of blood starts up again soaking the front of his armor farther. "um,,,i think we should head back...i dont think the locals here like us..." He stops as he thinks about what he rembers before narrowing his eyes slightly, " where...were you during the fight when i had that rabid thing on me?" Rintal kneels to pick up the torch and shifts it so he can heat up the metal tip of one of his arrows to burn the area close to keep him self from bleeding out he gets up with the torch in one hand and holds his shield at the ready.

He hopes for a good answer, or at least one better then some of the other ones people have told him. (2400 exp for this bit to split in half)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Pontius



Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland

PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Sun May 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Iden grins as he shows the cut on his arm. "Big snake, hit it with my flail a few good times. Got away, missed with my knife. Speaking of which, I should get that flail." He almost walked off before remembering his promise to help the Elf. "But first, up you go. It can stay on the floor a minute more, and I think the light of a torch would be helpful. Looks like that thing did quite a number on you." With Rintal done with the arrow, Iden crouches on the floor either to help him up or let him climb on his back - a bit too tall to support the Elf with his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dungons and Dragons (a test)   Today at 8:51 am

Back to top Go down
 
Dungons and Dragons (a test)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Sons of Dragons - Book 1: The Road of Kyle
» Old Motor Week Jon Moss T56 Impala SS road test video
» TTA Road test
» Stupidity test failed
» Free Test equipment manuals online

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rp Junkies :: Role play area :: Rp running site :: Fantasy-
Jump to: