Rp Junkies

Come one and all and fill your needs, addictions, and pleasure. We have what you would need rp wise. If we dont have it we can make it!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Trapped in the Dreamscape

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Alright, first session started. I'll post a log of it in the playing area for Fairie and any other who may be interested later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm

OK, first off let me apologize for the inexcusably long wait and explain what happened and what I really had in mind for this RP in general. After trying to flesh out the current Dream I stopped to pause and ponder if it was worth it and what general direction I wanted to go with things. I realized the choice of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as a theme was probably foolish and hasty and that's when things with TD went on the back burners.

Recently though I had another realization that I, in my classic scatterbrained style, forgot to convey to you, the players. I had originally wanted this RP to be something we initiate when bored and felt like a group RP on a chat. Something that could be picked up or dropped at moment's notice and take any direction we see fit. So, in short, I'm thinking of picking up where we left off and am entertaining ideas for the next Dream. Any suggestions are more than welcome, but I'm leaning towards an FMA theme for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm down with an FMA theme. Sounds like it might be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:51 pm

Cool. But another thing it seems I didn't convey enough was that I want to do arcs you guys came up with. So any, and every, suggestion made will sooner or later be a Dream!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:21 pm

OK, so I've been working on this, that, and the other lately, hence why I didn't get back to this sooner, and I'm ready to progress with the present arc. Before we do though, I thought it would be prudent to take roll call of those still interested in this RP. So just post here and tell me if you like the idea of me putting up a poll on what the next Dream should be based on. If we go for that instead of just me choosing I was thinking it would be between five arc possibilities with one or two changing each time we vote on the next dream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm still here. Go for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm here still. Go for the poll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:19 pm

OK, at first I wanted to offer more options so, since there are three of us left, I'm going with 2 at a time. Your choices are a Kirby Dream or one themed after FMA, s-CRY-ed, or anything else alchemy-eque that focuses on breaking things down then reconstructing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Well expected more choices...but i guess something like FMA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:50 pm

FMA, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Alchemy themed it is! Now to finish the present arc and the we can start the next one :B
Back to top Go down
View user profile
narwhalkisses

PostSubject: I am now part...   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:23 am

Name: LaLa Rootsie
Race: Anthro-Wombat

Appearance: Small, about 4'8. Light brown furry coat. With a female form.
Background: LaLa grew up in Australia. Now wonders the world to find new discoveries.
Personality: Easy going, thoughtful but will never back down in a fight.

STAND THING:

Stand Name: Tobias Grape
Description: 6'4. Heavy set, muscles, a big black man with a goat-tee. He is bald. Wears all black, with black shades to hide his fierce eyes. He wears big gold chains around his neck. He has tattoos all over his body.
Powers: Incredible strength, can defeat lazer beams from his incredible shiny head.

Destructive Power: A
Speed: C
Range: B
Durability: A
Precision: C
Potential: B

Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:11 pm

I hate to be more of a pest than I already am, but when are we continuing this thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:14 pm

The next time You, Merrick, Kisses, and myself are all on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 pm

OK kiddies, thanks to popular demand we're in the "FMA" dream thanks to the early end of the JJBA one. I added the "" because while it is based on the manga/Brotherhood FMA world, it is not THE FMA world. Case in point Alters from s-CRY-ed. An Alter User is someone who can, by focusing their energy, take a chunk of their surroundings and turn it into something. That something is their Alter and, until they "level up", that Alter is always the same. The trade off here being alchemy and alkahestry are not always the same but altering requires NO symbols or clapping your hands together, just focus.

For this dream your charters will change, some more than others. In the FMA-verse there are no anthros soany who were are either humans now or chimeras. If you go for the latter you may choose a more traditional chimera or one that looks human but has animal traits like those from Greed's posse. In either case state human or chimera for your race.
Also, each of you needs to choose either alchemy, alkahestry, alter, something else alchemy related, or nothing for your Power. Detail it in the slot of the same name.
Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]:

[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Power[/b]:

I'll post Rojac's new sheet shortly as an example but first I'll be adding need-to-knows to the Encyclopedia.

Last edited by Thray on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:42 am

Name: Rojac Deeshku
Race: Human

Appearance: Rojac stands 5'10" with a heavy frame and weighs 156lbs. His hair is short and gray, he has no facial hair, and his eyes are yellow, almost golden. Rojac normally wears a silver, sleeveless robe over a white tank top, jeans, and black combat boots
Power: Alter- anthro-armor. Rojac's alter manifests as metallic armor that looks like his anthropomorphic self. The wings hovering over his shoulders enable both helicopter flight and moving at incredible speeds.
While armored he has a variety of force attacks he calls bullets. “Shocking First Bullet” uses his propeller wings’ spinning to generate massive amounts of electricity and propulsion as he throws a punch or kick. “Quaking Second Bullet” involves Rojac striking the ground, starting a fissure that cracks towards the target. “Magnetizing Third Bullet” generates powerful attractive forces into a mighty blow that, after connecting, draws shards of metal from the earth towards the victim. Rojac is also capable of a “Double Barrel” version of these attacks where he makes two blows of the same type at once. “Bursting Final Shell” so called because the fury of this attack breaks his armor, unleashing all the energies therein and leaving Rojac completely drained or close to it. The names of these attacks have earned him the title “Rojac the Firearm”

Last edited by Thray on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:07 am

Name: Nico Sung

Appearance: He stands about 5' tall and weighs about 160 pounds, he has bright blue eyes and short, slightly spikey, black hair with small bangs in the front. He wears a Xingese outfit like this. But the main color of the coat is black with maroon trim, the bottom of the coat is also a few inches above his knees. Wears black oriental shoes and has a crimson colored shirt underneath the coat with a dragonic design on the back. Around his neck is a small ruby pendant, and normally seen with him is a small fox-chimera with multiple tails, the kistune is very loyal to Nico and is picky about whom it befriends.
Power: Alkahestry - quite skilled in the healing aspects of the practice. Also trained in the general transmutations of it as well, thus able to do ranged transmutations with the help of alkahestry circles and markers(normally small throwing kunai).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:28 am

Name: Lt. Colonel Jackson Foster

Appearance: Jackson is about 5'5 feet tall and 150 pounds. He has short, pale blond hair that's spiked back, piercing blue eyes, and wears the uniform of an oficer in the State Military. He also has the silver pocketwatch that all State Alchemists carry to identify themselves, as well as amplify their alchemy.
Power: Ice Alchemy - By using special transmutation circles on the back of his gloves, Jackson can draw moisture from the air to use a variety of ice-based attacks. He can also freeze any available water source for a variety of purposes. He can also do more than freeze objects, as well. He can boil water to create thick clouds of steam to confuse his opponents, as well as freeze or boil the water in a person's body to instantly kill them. As a last resort attack, he can also freeze his own blood to strike his target. Jackson possesses the title "Sub Zero Alchemist" for his abilities, but he has an unofficial nickname: "Jack Frost".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Thray's informed me that we're doing My Little Pony tonight, so if anyone wants to join up, now's the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Merrick's close. I never said tonight. Since I'm giving others a chance to join it I was thinking either tomorrow or Sunday.

As for the dream itself, it's just a mini-arc based on FiM for S's 'n' G's intended to last one or two sessions at the most. The story itself is that the "people" of Ponyville have been sleeping poorly. It seems none of them have been dreaming save for few with visions of an ebon equine with flaming mane and tail rising from the Everfree Forest on fiery hooves. It dances about the night sky before honing in on Ponyville and heading directly for their house... The only clues as to the source is a scarcely seen mystery pony walking off in the outskirts of town at dawn.

As for the technical side, each of us --with the possible exception of myself depending on how things play out-- will tailor our characters to the FiM world. This doesn't mean you have to be ponies. For example, if I find myself juggling a reasonable amount of characters, Rojac would be a hippogriff. I'll give him and the character sheet below. You may also play as any of the main cast of six ponies and Spike with a limit of two "NPCs" per player and a first come first served as to who gets who.

Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]:

[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Specialty[/b]: for ponies, describe the correlating cutiemark here
[b]Power[/b]: for non-ponies

Name: Rojac
Race: Hippogriff

Appearance: As opposed to the normal eagle/horse combo, Rojac is more of a barnyard variety hippogriff. He instead as the same size of his other kin, but is a barn owl/goat hybrid with white feathers and fur.
Power: Flight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Name: Rintal
Race: Earth pony

Appearance: Short croped. blond mane and tail, drab orange fur, green eyes. He wears green tinted goggles over his eyes which he shoves down if needed
Specialty: Building mechanical items and being durable. (shield with a hammer and screwdriver over it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Name: Snowjake
Race: Unicorn

Appearance: This, but with the horn typical of all unicorns.
Specialty: Ice Magic (His cutie mark is a large snowflake.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Name: Nico
Race: Dragon

Appearance: He is nearly 1.5ft tall, curved light-purple spines ending in a point, ruby colored eyes and deep purple scales with a lightly colored underbelly. A small pair of wings on his back.
Power: Flame breath and flight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Name: Milkshake
Race: Pegasus

Appearance: Red eyes, Chocolate brown body, her spiky (dj pony) styled mane and tail with light red stripes
Specialty: Speed stunts (this symbol as the cutie mark in gray)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:55 am

OK. Since Merrick's health and net connection seem to have stabilized I believe we're ready to resume our pony venture. The real question is do we still want to and if we do pick up where we left off or completely reset the dream? Please post your answers to both questions here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   

Back to top Go down

Trapped in the Dreamscape
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next