Rp Junkies

Come one and all and fill your needs, addictions, and pleasure. We have what you would need rp wise. If we dont have it we can make it!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Adventures and Misadventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zincks
Admin

PostSubject: Adventures and Misadventures   Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:51 pm

In front our first adventure is an old wooden tavern that looks like it had almost been burned down at one point, the door still bearing the charcoal burn markings. Though there are other taverns within the city this one, Beorn's Beers, will serve cheap drinks to anyone regardless of race, alignment or reason for coming to the town. As One enters the tavern they see on the inside of the door a series of runes etched into it, these have no real meaning other than just bolstering old supersitions and wives tales. within the poorly lit tavern there are several wooden tables that have been nailed to the floor to prevent brawlers from picking them up and using them. Everything within the tavern seems worn, the floor and chair bottoms smooth from so many passing through. Above the bar which is on the far side of the tavern, across from the door, is what looks like the head of an oversided insect that had long pincers and equally long fuzzy antenna.

Quin sits back with her boots on the table and her cloak about her as she sips on the alcohol she has in a pint in her sky blue hands. She removes her boots so she can eat her meal and licks her lips enjoying the warm meal. she lets her long white braid hand over her shoulder as people look over at her with some curiosity but most keep to them selves going about their own business. She watches people curiously as they come and go seemingly enjoying the diversity of the people in the tavern.
From behind the bar a muffled crashing sound is heard, followed by a solid 'thump' and a high pitched squeak. After a few seconds of silence footsteps were heard and from a trap door that was at the end of the bar, out came the second owner of the bar, dragging up an oversized dead rat that had glassy black eyes that seemed odd for a mammal, up close they looked like they were compounded like that of a fly. Dropping the dead beast on the floor the burly dwarf wiped off his hands on a dirty rag before calling out in a deep rumbling voice "anyone interested in making some money by killing a few rats?"
Quin swingers her self up as she finishes off her drink and smiles as she walks up, and leans over the counter in a teasing pose. Weather she was conscious of the pose she took or not she asks" Ah A job. I'm willin'. Been looking for some adventure. And no rats can scare me off."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:03 am

Out of the corner of Quin's eyes she saw what looked like a dog walking in her direction. But a second look revealed that the dog was three feet tall, walking on its hind legs, and wearing some commoner's clothing. Walking up to the rat it started looking it over, his nose twitching. "Interesting rats, never seen one like it before." He looked over at Quin, showing more curiosity than attraction, "needing spare swords in case you lose one?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 pm

Gregory huffs as he finishes his drink and glances over at Quin, the dog, and the dwarf. He grumbles and goes back to his meal to finish it, after which he gets up and walks over to the dwarf shoving Quin out of his way. "Simple task, I shall deal with these vermin. Though I want my payment up front dwarf." He says looking down at the dwarf, his face covered by his hood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pontius

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:47 pm

While the rest of the bar's occupants alternated between volunteering for work and ignoring that there was a notable rat problem in the place, an odd man squeaked his way through the entrance. His outfit was seemingly a size too large and two sizes too wide. A large instrument case bounced along his side, half-concealed by his clothing. To a few careful observers, it might look like he was acting that he was overburdened: To even careful observers it would be apparent that he nearly was. Slipping between the seats as well as he could, trying to avoid overturning drinks and giving people a face full of cloth, the man's destination would be a surprise to no one: A small stage in the depth of the tavern.

That was not to say his choice of instrument wasn't a shock. Setting down his case, fumbling with a strap and harness to get himself ready, the man rose from the floor with a large key accordion resting on his chest. With a few tugs he gave the instrument a quiet-but-hearable test. If he realized that a large rat was pulled from the place's cellar, he didn't seem to notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumichika

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:45 pm

As Ella walked in to the Bar she couldn't help but wonder why she was told by the elders to interact with people that her race consitered lower than them. "really what is the point? I should be looikng for a respectable Husban not babysitting a bunch of idiots." she then walks in to the bar and takes a sit in the cornner and looks a though she really didn't want to be here.

she then wonders to her self who is this group of people she was told to make friends with. as she ponders a rat sneaks on to the table in front of her, upon spoting it she lets out a scream and then she used her magic to make the rat explodes in front of her, sending chunks of rat in every direction. She gets a look of discust as chunks of rat land on the hood of her traviling robe that is currently conceling her wings. as she uses a gloved hand to remove the rat peices from her hood she says with aynnonce, "why do they always blow chuks at me when I clearly am making it go away from me. the fithy creaure." as she sees more rats in the area near her Ella uses more magic to get rid of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rukaithedesertrose.deviantart.com/
zincks
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:24 pm

Quin smiles at the canine fellow as she says lightly, " Ah well im a sword thrower at ti-" She cuts off what she is saying as a large man shoves her to the side and her hand lands on her sword as Gregory starts talking. Sh narrows her eyes as she pulls her hand away and smirks, "Looks like some one is not use to adventuring." She sneers as she steps away and hip checks Gregory with force behind it not bothering to make it look like an accident. She Spins about as the rat spider explodes and arches her eye brows at the rather nervous cloaked person with a haughty attitude . She shakes her head and calls out to the Bard that just got up on the stage, " Hey come this can be made into a story of the vile spider rats of the Beorn's Beer tavern!" She says light heartedly join us in our fine adventure. she shifts about to cock her hip to one side as she looks about for other people who seem to look over and look back down. Taking that as they are the locals she hops up on the table and smiles brightly, " Yes are there any more adventures that would want to protect this small tavern and it's hummable owners from the evil creatures that are going against nature? Come for the fight, come for the gold, Come for the fame!" She seems quite at ease with people looking at her as she stand on the table with confidence ash she smiles wickedly as she tries to stir the feelings of the people in the tavern. "Or are you willing to let a darling little wench take all the credit with a fine Cainie warrior and a hooded bastard?"

As Gregory says he wants it up front the dwarf frowns and shakes their head, " Not in my ways to pay up front for such a simple task. It's only a few rats nothing hard for such a man like you. Besides im a dwarf of my word."

Some one in the tavern yells at Quin, "Aye ye can hop down yah foolish girl. Ye ain't impressing any one with yer speech." Quin shrugs at this and hops down knowing she never been one to rile people up into action. She seems quite use to people not taking her serious out side her normal party as she drapes an arm about the shoulders of Ella.
"Well what do you say coming to join us squeemy?"She leans as she grins not seeming to care who she pisses off.
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Gregory growls and glares over at Quin under his head before he speaks up to the dwarf without looking at him. "Fine. I shall get to work eliminating the vermin momentarily." He nods to him and walks over to Quin. "That was pretty foolish of you girl. The speech, and shoving that little shove of yours. Don't do that again, or next time I may do more than just shove you little girl." He says and punches her shoulder before heading back over to the dwarf. "Show me where the pests are."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumichika

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:00 am

Ella just looked at the girl that had her arm over her shoulder. “Would you kindly get your arm off of me she" asked while trying to be nice yet it came out kind of rude like anyway. "And the only reason i am here is because the Elders wanted me to befriend some Allies. She said it would do me some good... I am kind of un-sure since I just want to fine a husband."
When Quin was punched she winces and at the request she pulls her arm away from Ella and snickers, " Well your being quite anti-social for looking for allies and come on its an adventure."

Ella just nodded "I guess I will join you..." she then looks at Quin.”I am Ella Darkwood."
Quin looks for her hand, before clapping her on the shoulder, "My name is Quin, the whirling dervish."
Ella looked at her "it is nice to meet you i guess" she was still completely unsure what the elders had in mind.

Quin looks at the dwarfs and smirks, “Looks like you got another adventurer to come to help you"

Ella lowered her hood to revile sliver white hair and her tinted blue skin and the fact that she had elf ears. Her wings however stayed covered she was not sure she should fully revile herself just yet. Her amethyst eyes scanned the area as she watched the bar keep lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Pontius

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:44 pm

The bard stalled on the stage as someone started calling from the crowd. Looking up from his instrument to scan the crowd, he saw the one who shouted out. Is that an Aquatic Elf? No, too tall, usually greenish too. Siren? No, not enough misandry. Bit far from some water as well. Hm? Spider Rats... "I don't quite think that's a tale the owner would enjoy spread across the realms, dear madam." The bard had his own friendly tone, but wasn't sure if it'd make it across the noisy tavern.

Drow? Couldn't be that, no-one's voided themselves yet. An arcane? Impossible, much too short. Just what is she? "What is your name madam? I would be a pleasure to know the name of one of your charm and yearning of legacy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Brock growled at Gregory's hostility but with a snort he went over to Quin, "you alright? Come, let's go get some rats for a skiewer roast." He headed over to the dwarf to also see where the rat problem was. The Dwarf lifted up the cellar door, "tha rats are down there, good luck and don't damage the goods or it'll be comin out of your pay." Brock looked at the cellar, well going down a ladder was going to be fun, he'll let the others go down first so if he slips then at least he will have someone soft to land on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Quin smiles innocently at Gregory as she takes the punch and flinches ever so slightly as she takes it. At hearing the bard say some thing she looks about half tempted to hit the hooded figure with her weighted hair in the motion before deciding against it as she nods slightly, "me name is Quin. Quin the Dervish at your service." There is a few guffaws as many men about them over hear this seeing they cant believe this young female is the infamous right hand of Jared the duelist. She looks over and frowns slightly before letting her shoulders slump slightly in a slight shrug at this. There have been rumors that the caravan of outcasts and misfits have broken up but there has been no real proof or any known reasons "Hey pup im fine with the jerk, i have seen and been with worse. People that would make the pisshats here shit their pants. Bet they never walked side by side with notorious outcasts and exiles." She steps for the trap door and easily slides down the wooden ladder only slowing her decent towards the bottom. Her eyes examine the darken cellar with ease as her eyes shimmer a faint silver as her ability to see in the dark shows and she draws two of her swords ready for any attack that may come from the dim lighting. "Hey Beorg you got a map?"

Standing beside the open door Beorg looks down at Quin and says simply "there are markings in the walls so you won't get lost too easily, and if you do just hug a wall and follow it, all of them lead back to the main larder"Quin steps away from the latter and looks out as she waits for the others to come down as she listens to the silent larder other then the foot steps of the others.
"Well seeing we are all in this together, we should probably learn each other's names. You know common curtiousy of a odd set group. Also any one heard any rumors about a Drow on the surface? Been looking for one since rumor has it a drow escaped the scarlet citadel about 12 years ago, has resurfaced of the late and has been active." She lets her eyes rove about the ground and walls only seeing small rats, nothing like they saw up in the tavern.

Kian can recall rumors of a drow trying to walk in the open from sharing information with other bards but other then that there is nothing.

Last edited by Zincks on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:42 am

Gregory huffs as he goes over to the ladder and growls down at Quin below. "Move girl." He says before descending down into the cellar and looking around in the darkness and huffs as he glances to Quin. "Do not get in my way nor pester me, and you wont get hurt girl." He then walks away from the ladder and stops to wait for whoever else is coming down. "I do not need the help of these fools. Perhaps the rats will eat the dog before we finish them off."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Brock comes back down the ladder and looks up at Quin, motioning towards Gregory's back, "ten gold says he dies first." As Gregory strode on into the darkness without a second thought, when he stops to wait he feels fangs bite into both of his legs. A numbness starts to spread through his legs from the bites and he sees biting both of his legs a spider rat. He could hear and see more coming from the shadowy depths of the cellar that were the same size and larger than the ones biting his legs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumichika

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Ella Followed every one as they slowly made there way down to the cellar. "why did i agree to this again?... what every lets just get this over with" as ahe decended the latter she had to pull her wings in tight about her body so she thst she would fit in the entry way. "now i know why my people dont go under ground." she mummbled to hir self in anyoance. once she reached the bottom of the latter she headed in the direction of the wall to start the job she was hired for.

Last edited by Yumichika on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Quin's eyes widen as she sees the rats and brings her swords about in quick movements stabbing down at any near her. "Ah i like te think im a te'm player." She says softly and dances about with unerring grace before she shifts her attacks to drive off those near Gregory with surgeon accuracy. She keeps out from in front of Gregory use to working with a team. but even then she keeps her self clear and snaps out, " Do something you twat."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures and Misadventures   

Back to top Go down

Adventures and Misadventures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1