Come one and all and fill your needs, addictions, and pleasure. We have what you would need rp wise. If we dont have it we can make it!
Posts : 503
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : Right behind you. O.O
|Subject: Shadows of Vana'diel Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:51 pm|| |
[big]Shadow of Vana'diel[/big]
It all began with a stone, or so the legend says.
In ages past, a sentient jewel, enormous and beautiful, banished the darkness.
Its many-colored light filled the world with life and brought forth
Bathed in that light, the world entered an age of bliss until, after a time,
the gods fell into slumber.
That world was called Vana'diel.
Our world, Vana'diel...
The year is 883 C.E. (Crystal Era), 20 years after the Great Crystal War which nearly wiped out all the free peoples of Vana'diel. All is at peace...or so some think. Rumors spread of a shadow regrowing in the frozen north.
The Beastmen hordes have rebuilt their strongholds, though they are not unleashing total war, they have unleashed a new campaign of looting, plundering, and terror against the people of Vana'diel.
The three great nations Bastok, San d'Oria, and Windurst, although allied with each other, continue to be mis-trusting of each other and thus. Instead of using their own armies to deal with the beastmen threat, they began to employ a new generation of independent youth to deal with the situation on an individual level.
In addition to being able to be aligned with Bastok, San d'Oria, or Windurst, adventurers may choose to be in the ranks of the Tenshodo. The Tenshodo are a secretive organization of pirates and smugglers who make their headquarters in the hidden underground lair of Norg. Accessible only by sea or through the deadly Sea Serpent Grotto, these pirates have kept their home and their interests safe from legal authorities who would shut them down.
These stalwart people are called adventurers. They are intrepid souls who follow their own beliefs, moving freely from city to city in spite of their own national allegiances. Truly, it is the dawn of a new era in Vana'diel history...
In this RP everyone can be an adventurer or a beastmen(if you wish to be on speak to me about it first). If you are an adventurer you can be one of the 5 main races of Vana'diel:
- Hume- Typical Human, all round magical and physical abilities.
- Elvaan- Elves persay, they are characterized by their tall, slender bodies and pointed ears. Most Elvaans are trained in the ways of the sword.
- Tarutaru- A race of skilled magic users. Although the Tarutaru physically resemble children, their size does not reflect their age. Despite this fact they can have a child-like demener.
- Mithra- A predominantly female race of hunters. They are easily identified by their characteristic ears, which give them spectacular hearing ability, and their long tails, which result in an unparalleled sense of balance. They are known for their energy, curiosity, and their penchant for causing playful mischief.
- Galka- A hulking race of powerful warriors. The sheer strength of their powerful physiques is second to none.
Here is a picture of the 5 main races in armor.
If you so choose to be a Beastmen, here is the selection you have:(pics will come soon, this list may also get bigger soon as the rp moves)
- Yagudo- A race of vulture-like bipeds, violently devout and ritualistic, the Yagudo are a race of religious zealots, their society appearing to be based on a strict religious hierarchy. Yagudo evince little technological development, living instead in austere constructions of wattle-and-daub, as well as cliffside caves. Picture of a Yagudo.
- Orcs- Orcs have tribal hierarchy based on strength; those who prove most formidable in battle are higher in the pecking-order; stronger Orcs even employ means to deny those weaker than themselves access to common resources. Picture of an Orc.
- Quadav- A race of turtle-like bipeds, the Quadav inhabit certain swampy regions, as well as subterranean caverns. Apparently closely tied to the earth in which they work and live, the Quadav identify themselves individually and culturally with the materials with which they work. Picture of a low ranking Quadav.
- Goblins- Goblins can be found in almost all regions across Vana'diel. Their flexible lifestyle and adaptability to the surrounding environment have given them the ability to coexist with other beastmen as well as people. Goblins not only trade with the developed races, but represent a crucial link in the exchange of materials and ideas between the disparate local beastmen races. A goblin.
- Moblins- A sub tribe of goblins whom reside deep underground, they are forever mining resources out of the ground, and constantly building, moving, and rebuilding Movalpolos, their ongoing encampment. A Moblin.
- Demons- Served as the Shadow Lords elite guards during the Crystal War, most demons are found in the frozen northlands, they rule over the other Beastmen with fear. A Demon.
In addition to these basic beastmen, there are tons of various monsters in Vana'diel, if you have an idea of a type of monster you wish to be, talk to me on MSN, AIM, or in PMs and i'll see what i can find for you.
Here is a map of the major continent of Vana'diel: Vana'diel Middle Lands
In world of Vana'diel many people, and even beastmen, train in certain fields of magic and/or other various techniques. Here is a list of 'classes' you may be in the RP:
- White Mage- Mages specializing in healing and divine magic skills. (ex: Cure and stuff like Holy)
- Black Mage- Mages with powerful element and black magic spells at their disposal. (ex: poison, bio, etc.)
- Red Mage- Battle mages specializing in both white and black magics, also trained in the ways of the sword.
- Blue Mage- Fighter mages capable of employing the magical arts of the Near East(see index), and can learn attacks from monsters.
- Scholar- Mage whom can use both white and black magics, but can only use one at its full potential at a time. Can switch this at will.
- Summoner- Heretic mages using the forbidden art of summoning, can form pacts with Avatars to fight with them. (check the index for Avatars.)
- Dancer- Skillful warriors whose steps are gifted with various magical abilities.
- Warrior- Powerful fighters trained in the uses of a wide range of melee weapons.
- Thief- Masters of sneak attacks, and getting things from others.(mostly enemies)
- Paladin- Masters of sword and sheild combat, can use some white magic. (aka: tanks in a party.)
- Ninja- Warriors trained strictly in the forbidden arts from the Far East, can use shadows to trick enemies. (dont ask about the far east, no one know. but guess are its like japan)
- Dragoon- Pole arm wielding warriors with a Wyvern battling at their side. (A dragoon's wyvern.)
- Monk- Expert of hand-to-hand combat.
- Samurai- Trained in the Far Eastern ways of the sword, these great katana wielding warriors slice through their opponents with swift combos.
- Bard- Traveling minstrels whose melodies have various effects on friends and foes alike.
- Dark Knight- Powerful warriors capable of using some black magic to increase their damage output.
- Corsair- Descendants of pirates, uses luck based skills to turn the tides of battle and are well trained with firearms, namely the the “Hexagun", a multi-barreled revolver.
- Puppetmaster- Traveling performers whom use a customizable puppet called a "Automaton" to entertain crowds or confound enemies. The puppet masters themselves are flexible and good hand-to-hand fighters.
- Beastmaster- Expert monster researchers who have trained tirelessly to communicate with, and even control, animals.
- Ranger- Experts in ranged weaponry such as bows, crossbows, and rifles. They also have outstanding tracking abilities.
And of course one can't be without some sort of income, in Vana'diel there are various crafts adventurers can take up. These crafts being:
- Wood Working
- Cloth Crafting
- Black Smithing
- Gold Smithing(like jewelers)
- Leather Working
- Bone Crafting
Also, you will not be limited to only specific classes, you could be a Ranger with Beastmaster training, or dancing bard. Situations like these are 'sub-classes'. You may only have one of these. Note: The skills of your 'sub-class' cant be as strong as your main.
If there is anything else you wish to be, again speak to me first. I'll be adding more to this post as i go along.
[b]Gender[/b]: (if Mithra this must be female. If Galka, this must be male.)
[b]Nation[/b]:(put which of the three nations you are from if you are an adventurer, simply put Beastmen if you are one)
[big]Index of Vana'diel[/big]
(will be updated as it goes along)Places
- Bastok- In the southern reaches of Quon lies the Republic of Bastok, a nation founded by the technologically gifted Humes. The president, elected from among the Hume population every few years, takes an active role in leading the government. Bastok was originally built on the wealth gained from the mining of mythril, a precious metal. But with recent developments in metal refining and processing techniques, Bastok has become famous as a craftsman's town. The southern area of the city is home to many Galka, a race of hulking humanoids. They have made valuable contributions to the expansion of the mines.
- San d'Oria- This kingdom of proud Elvaan warriors is situated to the north of the Quon continent and was built on the ashes of a brutal civil war. It has been ruled by a succession of kings from the d'Oraguille royal family for a span of more than five hundred years. The kingdom's capital of San d'Oria is a walled city.
- Windurst- Tribes of Tarutaru from the sweeping grasslands and neighboring islands of southern Mindartia united to form this league of states. It is governed by a council of representatives from the five ministries of magic, legacies of the five founding tribes. Their decisions are based on the prophecies of the mystic Star Sibyl who resides in the fabled Heavens Tower. In one section of the city live the Mithra, a race of natural hunters whose skills have brought a new source of wealth to Windurst.
- Jeuno- A neutral city-state settled between the Quon and Mindartia continents. It is a bustling trade and port city that welcomes many who wish to peddle their crafts and goods, even some peaceful goblins are allowed to trade here. It is split into 4 parts which are connected on a central 'column' with the the port being at the bottom and the administrative section, Ru'Lude Gardens, being at very top of the column. Map of Jeuno structure. The Tenshodo organization have a HQ in lower Jeuno hidden in a inn.
- The Northlands- A frozen and deserted wasteland, consisting of Beaucedine Glacier and Xarcabard. This desolate place was home to the Dark Kindred.
- Castle Zvahl- The Dark Kindred's stronghold, settled deep in the frozen wastes and cliffs of Xarcabard.
- Gustaberg- The area outside of Bastok, a barren land filled with rocky hills and mountains filled with natural resources such as ore.
- Ronfaure- A lush and thick forest that surrounds the kingdom of San d'Oria, many should take care when traveling here due to Orcs hiding in the shadows of the trees.
- Sarutabaruta- A grassy savannah that surrounds the city of Windurst, many varieties of vegetation flourish here thanks to a subterranean water supply.
- Near East- A continent to the east of the Mindartia continent, the culture here is similar to that of Arabia.
- Star Sibyl- The leader of the federation of Windurst, not much is known about her seeing as she is not seen much and only very few are allowed to see her.
- Perih Vashai- The chieftainess of the Mithra of Windurst.
- President Karst- The current president of the republic of Bastok, a controversial figure among many in the Republic. It is said that he only won his position due to the support of Cid.
- Cid- The chief engineer in Bastok's Metalworks, a very well known and respected man. Also known as the father of the airship.
- King Destin- The current king of San d'Oria. He is the father of Prince Trion, Prince Pieuje and Princess Claidie.
- Kam'lanaut- The Archduke of the Grand Duchy of Jeuno.
- Yagudo Avatar- The yagudo 'king', in reality a stand in for the Yagudo's God-Head.
- Shadow Lord- The demonic warlord who organized the beastmen to attack the free people of Vana'diel.
- Tenshodo- The Tenshodo are a secretive organization of pirates and smugglers who make their headquarters in the hidden underground lair of Norg.
- Iron Musketeers- The bulk of the bastokian army.
- War Warlocks- Very powerful magic users assigned to protect the nation of windhurst.
- Cardians- Automaton guards made in Windurst and only in Windurst. A cardian.
- Royal Knights- A order of knights well trained in the ways of the sword charged with the protection of San d'Oria.
- Dark Kindred- A demonic army formed by the dreaded Shadow Lord during the Crystal War, they oversaw the war efforts of the beastmen from their stronghold in Caslte Zvahl.
- Gil- The currency used in Vana'diel.
- Airships- Flying ships built by Cid, each nation has a port for them. They are used for quick transport to Jeuno.
- Chocobos- Another means of transport used by many to get around Vana'diel besides using an airship.
- Altana- The mother goddess of Vana'diel. Many religions are based around her.
- Avatar(s)- Ancient beings of Vana'diel, summoners can forge pacts with many of these 'sleeping gods',save for a select few. When an avatar and a summoner forge a pact, the summoner is able to summon the avatar with only a portion of it's true power.
- White Magic- The general term of magic used by white mages, paladins, and red mages, consists of healing magic and divine magic. An example of divine magic is the powerful spell Holy, a lower level version of this spell is called Banish.
- Black Magic- Magic used by Black mages, Dark Knights, and Red Mages. Consits of elemental spells and spells that weaken foes. Such as poison.
- Ancient Magic- Very powerful spells that only powerful Black Mages can learn. These spells are spells like, Quake, Flood, Tornado, Flare, Freeze, and Burst.
- Blue Magic- A magic from the Near East continent, mages specializing this type of magic can learn attacks from foes.
- Ninjutsu- A 'magic' used by ninjas. They have a few elemental ninjutsu 'spells' at their disposal and of course, the ability to make copy images. Ninja's need 'tools' to perform their ninjutsu, said tools look like common items to most, but to a trained ninja it can be a useful tool.
[big]NPCs[/big] (more to come soon)
- Name: Brannon
Appearance: Stands about 5'8'' and has short black hair and blue eyes. He has battle scars on his left cheek and on his forhead. He wears silver plate mail and uses a kite shield and a long sword for battle.
Background: He is a paladin from Bastok whom started a battle academy in Upper Jeuno that welcomes all adventurers whom wish to better their selves. He is quite well known in Jeuno.
Personality: He is normally a kind and friendly person who is easy to get along with, though when in battle or training students he takes on a more serious and strict attitude.
- Name: Farah
Appearance: She has medium length white hair and yellow eyes. Her left ear has a small nick in it from a fight she and Brannon were in. Wears chain mail armor and fights with a buckler type shield and a single handed axe.
Background: Originally from Windurst, Farah was a very curious mithran warrior in training who wanted to see new things and be strong. While passing through Jeuno, she stumbled upon Brannon's battle school and feel for the paladin at first sight and began to train at the academy daily and developed a relationship with Brannon. Now some students tease Brannon about being soft with his new 'girl friend'.
Personality: Playful and very curious, likes meeting new people and seeing new things. A bit of a klutz much to the dismay of Brannon.
Last edited by optimalzelda on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Posts : 503
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27
Location : Right behind you. O.O
|Subject: Re: Shadows of Vana'diel Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:57 pm|| |
Setting: Shadow of Vana'diel (SH)
Name: Tuu Kori
Appearance: Looks like an average Yagudo, expect his feather are alittle deeper in color than most. He has a scar over his left eye from a close encounter with a pair of adventurers in which he narrowly escaped.
Background: He was born in the Yagudo stronghold of Giddeus on the western edge of Sarutabaruta. From a young age, Tuu Kori has undergone vigorous and strict training the ways of the Ninja and in the Yagudo religion. A religion he really has little belief in despite his training and teachings. When he came of age he was moved from Giddeus to the heart of Yagudo culture, Castle Oztroja. On the way there, the group of yagudo he was with was ambushed by a rogue group of Mithran hunters. Tuu Kori escaped after nearly losing his left eye in the confrontation and barely made it to Oztroja alive, once there he was taken into care by the yagudo priests and had his wounds tended to. After a full recovery, he was put to work patrolling the Meriphataud mountain range that surrounds Oztroja.
Personality: He is a bit of a lone wolf and tends to keep to himself. Only really talks to those he considers friends and his superiors when spoken to.
Armor: A pair of make gauntlets, greaves, and a small breast plate fitted for Yagudo warriors.
Weapons: A pair of small katanas sheathed as his sides.
Accessories: A bead necklace worn by all Yagudo. He also carries a small pouch for his Ninjutsu tools.
Appearance: Brushed back red hair with light blue eyes. 5' 4'' weighing about 120 lbs., Rikah has a fit and flexible form thanks to her dance training and has a beautiful look to her. She has a small ribbon tied to the tip of her tail and wears a typical mithran outfit most of the time, in the event she needs to fight, she dons a set of gray leather armor.
Background: Rikah was born and raised in the mithran groves of windurst and lead a good life. When she was 18, a traveling troupe of dancers named Troupe Brilioth, after watching their performance she begged to go with them and learn how to become a dancer. After so much begging the troupe leader agreed and allowed her to travel with them. After months of being with the troupe, Rikah had become a full flegded dancer. However, she want to get more gil than what the troupe had been making from performances and started to steal things from people dazzling them with her dance moves. She eventually left the troupe for fear of them finding out and spreading the word.
Personality: Playful, mischievous, and sneaky, uses her charm to distract potential 'prey' to skillfully steal what she wants.
Armor: Light leather armor for battle and common mithra clothes for casual wear.
Weapons: A dagger for melee and a chakram for ranged attacks.
Accessories: She has a twinstone piercing in one ear and a bright red ribbon tied to her tail.
Name: Swift Hawk
Appearance: Hawk has thick black hair spiked and held up by a leather headband and brown eyes. He stands at about 7' tall and weighs 250 lbs., most of which is pure muscle. When doing work with the Tenshodo he wears a cloth gi with matching pants, gloves and shoes that he got from joining the Tenshodo group. For casual wear he has a blue yukata with designs from the Far Eastern continent upon it and gray kung-fu pants.
Background: Formally a miner on the Zeruhn in the Bastokan mining district of the city. Like most Galkas employed in the mines, he was not paid as well as the Humes who didn't do near as much work as the Galkas and got paid more. One day he saw another worker talking to a shady hume in the mines and interrupted their conversation, the Hume claimed to be an overseer of the mines be Hawk was no fool and saw through this guise which impressed the hume. Days later the same Hume returned to Hawk with an invitation to join the Tenshodo organization, where of it's members were treated fairly and earned what they worked for. Hawk gladly accepted and left the mines behind him.
Personality: Stubborn as a rock and one who is not easily fooled, quick to see someone trying to pull a fast one on him. All and all he is a loyal and trustworthy 'businessman'.
Armor: A leather gi with small armored shoulder pads and gauntlets for battle.
Weapons: A great katana he keeps strapped to his waist, he calls his blade Katayama.
Accessories: A leather headband and a belt tied around his waist, both bearing the Tenshodo logo.
Posts : 312
Join date : 2009-09-27
Age : 29
Location : Wouldn't you like to know?
|Subject: Re: Shadows of Vana'diel Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:18 pm|| |
Player: Merrick Rose
Setting: Shadow of Vana'diel
Class: Dark Knight
Sub-Class: Black Mage
Nation: San d'Oria
Appearance: A little over 6 feet tall with a somewhat-toned build. Has skin a bit lighter than most Elvaan, shoulder-length white hair, and green eyes.
Background: Garai hailed from a small village near San d'Oria that was destroyed eight years ago by marauding Orcs. Garai's parents were killed in the attack, and he and his younger sister, Asha, were among the only survivors. After this incident, Garai promised Asha that he would never let anything happen to her, and become an adventurer so he could help create a world where she would be happy. Both of them now live in a small house in Lower Jeuno.
Personality: Garai can be a quiet individual sometimes, which can lead to awkward moments to those around him. In battle, he can be somewhat ruthless. But overall, he is a good soul who cares deeply for his sister. However, he has a burning hatred for any and all Orcs.
Armor: Wears this kind of armor, minus the helmet.
Weapons: A scythe like this.
Accessories: A necklace with a red gem Asha gave him for his 21st birthday.
Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Midland
|Subject: Re: Shadows of Vana'diel Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:42 pm|| |
Setting: Shadow of Vana'diel
Name: Du'Mont Sedya
Class: Black Mage
Gender: "It" (original gender before death male)
Nation: Dark Kindred
Background: Du'Mont spent its life as a wizard of noble-descent. Though Du'Mont would associate with others, even in life it was known to be detached and self-interested - most specifically in arcane power. It was Du'Mont's burning desire to further seek power that led it to enact the ritual to become a Corse. As the years passed, Du'Mont grew to both loathe and accept its new body - hatred that he would never again know the pleasures of a mortal shell, but glee that death would not come for him and that its power could expand to further reaches.
Personality: Du'Mont is a quiet, nigh-emotionless 'thing'. Anything it says will have been thought out - though not to say honest. It sees very little humor beyond the realm's dark comedy. It is unlikely for anyone to garner a more 'affectionate' relationship with Du'Mont than "Less expendable pawn."
Armor: A partially decayed robe, the color slightly faded. Inspection would reveal it to have been of good quality, and minor traces of magic woven into the fabric.
Weapons: An old staff, more useful as a magical foci than as an actual weapon.
Accessories: Assorted magical trinkets and amulets collected over the years gathering dust in its studies.
|Subject: Re: Shadows of Vana'diel || |