Rp Junkies

Come one and all and fill your needs, addictions, and pleasure. We have what you would need rp wise. If we dont have it we can make it!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Medieval lands: How did we get there

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:46 am

Alex is on whole pretty stoked... a bit freaked out sure, but definatly stoked as well. There is a potentially unique situation brewing. And due to his strong fantasy novel background and rennaisannce mentality Alex believes he is quite qualified to deal with. And even having to deal with that bitchy chick with the personality issues he still cannot help but be excited by the experience. For the moment though perhaps watching and learning might be a good idea to get the best idea of what has become all of them. Though to be polite he introduces himself to the blond woman.
" My name is Alex and I am curious to hear more about this place as well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hubpages.com/profile/Fall+Silverfall
CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:17 pm

The woman shifts her footing and smiles, “I said the gate mumbo jumbo. I said nothin’ about that I know if that stuff is true.” She chuckles light heartedly as the idea just seems to tickle her. “My name is Sue. Use to be a NASA Texas racer. If yall curious, I have been here ten winters. I have been looking for a way back but so far all dead ends. “ She lets her crossbow lower a bit and whistles softly to call a creature out. The thing creeps out on elongated legs that end in nasty talons. The broad body is covered with thick brown fur with a long scraggly tail. Head of the creature that comes out is broad jawed, with great orange eyes, and raptor like teeth revealed for a moment before it gets closer to Sue. “This is a Granzil.” Her hand drops down to pet the head of the large creature who raises it’s head to meet the petting, making a soft cooing noise.
“I nah no idea how yall actually got here so I can’t be giving you much help to get back. But come along.” She turns to motion for them to follow her as she picks out a path through the forest.
With in the hour they make it to a dirt path and meet up with a tall molto man, probably about six foot five inches, and broad about the shoulders, short black hair. He is clearly wearing some kind of armor about his chest and limbs to give him self some sort of protection. He narrows his eyes as he sees the group coming out from atop of a massive brown eighteen-hand horse. He flips his cloak back to reveal the long sword on his side before placing his hand on the hilt as he backs the horse up slightly so he can watch them all as they come out. “Bengie. They are not bandits. Or locals.”
The man grunts as he eyes them seeming just as hostile as he was before even with his hand off the sword. He seems to regrettably accept them under Sue’s claim as he flips his cloak back over the sword. He allows people to use his horse as a pack animals as he tightens the packs on him self before leading the horse behind every one. In another hour or more they reach a house with no windows. The area about it seems to be well used and decorated with a workbench, some kind of structure meant for hanging something, and woodpile. The area here seems to have a more wheat scent in the air even with the lack of a visible field. There is a barn house near by and what looks to be some kind of storage area.
Bengie slides off to care for the horse and the bags the steed was made to carry. Sue pulls out a few stools for every one and stretches out. “Don’t mind Ben over there. He just is the target for the locals, so he is rightfully unfriendly. WHEN HE SHOULDN”T BE.” She yells out at the barn before turning back to the group with a sigh from the lack of response, “So what questions may I try to answer for yall now that we are safe at our place?” The Granzil does not leave her side as it continues it’s watchfulness over them. When she looks away and it is aware of her doing so, it bares it’s teeth at the group. The unblinking gaze it has is a bit unnerving as a long tongue whips out to keep it’s eyes wet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moddex

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Apollo shifts uncomfortably, but tries to relax as he observes the surroundings out of the edge of his sight. "This is all a little weird, forgive me for saying. I'm in an unfamiliar wilderness of sorts as far from modern civilization as it gets. Can we get a little information about what we'll be doing to gain your help? Even if it's uh... Ranch work, any help would be good.", Apollo asked, still trying to feel a little more relaxed about his environment and circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arkives.forumotion.net/
zincks
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Gaura squeaks and clings to the most stable man's arm, Alex, And pulls back from the unnatural looking creature. Her large brown eyes are wide as the wish to cry ebbs out of her to be replaced by shock of such a weird creature. She shakes slightly as she looks back at her car then at the forest before promising her self she will get back to her car again. She looks up at Alex and smiles slightly even though she is terrified. "Can i just stay with you for now?"
When Bengie is revealed she holds on tighter to Alex's arm from the blatant hostility the man shows. She quickly lets go once she realize she is holding on very tight. "I am sorry." She has kept uncharacteristically quiet, even with her intical whines, since every thing is now just sinking in. She watches Sue helplessly before blurting out, "Well where is civilization?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:13 pm

(The only person excused from posting in this rp is HorizonBlue and Opt because he has not been brought in yet. Near 3 weeks after me should be more then enough to think of something. But if you are going to drop out tell me, so then I know if wolfs get your characters or something. )

Sue smiles slightly, "Now the work yah would be doing for me would be farm, house, and huntin' work. Ben and I don't have many animals about here so there is nothing there yah can really get into. But we got plenty of farmin' and cleaning to do." She seems to muse over what Gaura said and says, "Civilization is far away some where else for you girly. The closest you will get would be the cities." She put air quotes about cities before she continues, "Now you will think those cities are old fashion and backwards to you. But that is how it is around here. Ain't seen any wonderful technology in a long time. Not like it is of any use here. Just think of it as I am making it easy on you and showing you a taste of what you might have to do."

She rubs her nose as Benji comes back out of the barn and he stalks into the house with out a word. "Now If you want to know when you can work. There is the daytime or when the moon is up." She glances lazily at the others, before pulling out a leather bag and starts rolling her self a cigarette of some sort. "If there are no more questions I will start making teams once i know what the rest of yah can do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Carry smiles and nods.
So a whole new world with strange new creatures, why would he go back?
Some stuff he would miss, but he had always been one to admire nature, not civilization.
Time for an adventure!
He tells the nice lady and her giant companion he has outdoor skills and herbology. He can work whatever time they need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Alex thinks about the woman's offer and while it seems ok he really does not like the look or feel of the big guy and frankly she seems a bit on the slimey side as well. So he refuses the offer.
" Ma'am I really do appreciate the offer but if this is a new and exciting land I think I would like to put my foot to the ground and explore it for myself. Anyone who like I'd be happy to have you join me." he smiles at Guara when he says this.
"Ma'am if you could point the way to the nearest of the cities I think I shall start with that. Seems like as good a direction as any to see this land we have landed in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hubpages.com/profile/Fall+Silverfall
Yumichika

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:29 am

After the woman gave her name and lead them all the her place, Dakota started to wonder if he should not just explore the world around him.

“So Miss Sue what is it you will be needing help with I might only stay long enough to learn more about the cities you spoke of and are there any cars here in this area or in the cities at all? I need to know if it will be worth it to keep my bike around or if I will need to sell it off for money…. I really don’t want to have to do that since it took me a while to save up for her and other than her I only have my blades and skateboard.” he stayed near the window to keep an eye on his bike that was outside.

“it would be helpful if you can tell me every thing you know about this area and the cities” Dakota said as he kept an eye on everyone around him as well as his bike out the window.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rukaithedesertrose.deviantart.com/
zincks
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 am

Gaura flushes softly and smiles back at Alex. "Well I think I will leave with ...Alex as it? I would like to get back to cities. I do not do well with the forest." She shift uneasily with being in s farm land and forest. What has happened to her has not sunk in yet through sheer will power and disbelief.
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 pm

Jessie
Jessie is having a good time with her girlfriends as they stroll through the mall looking at their normal shops. They already smell great from the samples of perfume they tried out, got a free makeup consultant to talk to them about what they might need to beautify them selfs and even got to check out the stuff animal store. So far the day has been a great girl's day out and it was only just after lunch. They had a wonderful lunch at the local bistro and were now they are nice and full with good food, as they talk about where to go for night activities.

As she is looking at jewelry she squeaks as someone bumps into her sending her forward. As her hair whips forward over her face, the light suddenly changes before revealing a very surprised and alarmed guy who catches her, instead of the glass counter. Her surroundings have changed drastically from the pleasant store to the inside of a barn. The smell assaults her nose as the soft lilacs break into dirt, sweat, and manure. As she hits the man she feels the rough material about his arms and the cool metal on his chest. The tall molato man slowly lifts her up and moves her away from the horse that snorts nervously. As she feels his hands pull away she feels the rough fingers slide over her shoulders. He clears his throat before something seems to snap to his attention as he turns about quickly to look for something invisible in the air. His shoulders slump as he seems to miss what ever he was looking for. His voice sounds very gravely as if he hasn't spoken in a while, "Seems like It was a a false rumor." He looks back at Jessie and unconsciously drops his to his waist to close about air. "Well... miss...Hello." His expression goes blank as he watches her with his eyes slowly narrowing. His body language speaks of not being easy around her as if he does not get out a lot.

Sue nods slightly. "The cities are a distance away but I can give you the direction you need to go to reach the roads. Cobblestone roads by the way Or large dirt roads, that can take a carriage. It is about 3 hours of trekking the wilderness to get to the road. Now to the north you can reach the main Lanclin Road. You will just need to travel west on the road when you get on it. Or you can head east then travel south on the Regine road. Both ways will be several days of walking...I recon about a couple of weeks in either direction before you hit a city. You will hit towns and villages on the way so you will not be completely stranded in the wilderness. Please leave as soon as you are able to." Her face seems to break slightly as what appears to be pitty flicks through her eyes before going back to a business glazed look.

She smiles faintly at those that offered to stay the time given, "Ah nice to see there are some people have offered ta help us about. And asked more questions about this area. Right now the area is mostly untamed forest. Which does mean wild animals, bandits, and other unhappy groups. There is a village near by that is not fond of us. They claims I am a witch. As for Benji he is considered the local freak. All the roads we have found are dirt, mud, or cobble stone. Cities are not many and no where as big as what you are use to. Think of a city having walls of stone, and the largest we seen was possibly 2 miles of buildings and fields in a wall and a number of fields out side. As far as we can tell cities have a fortress like castle. The most common gathering you will find will be a village. They normally consist of twenty to forty people not counting the children under ten years old. The laws and behaviors of the places change from place to place. Towns are larger and will have sixty to hundred...fifty people again not counting the children."
She brushes back the strands of hair that have dropped into her eyes and sighs slightly, "No one will buy your Bike around here. If you haven't seen, I a race car driver have no car. There isn't exactly ....motorized travel. The best I could offer is a trade of supplies for your bike. I will say I will be scrapin' it for pieces I can use around here." She motions about at the house and barn. "There is no use in keepin' motorized vehicles about with no gas." She brightens up and turns to Guara, before her expression falls, "Ah right we do not have that much supplies to trade for the car. I like to try to keep an even trade."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zincks
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:57 am

Guara shakes her head vigorously, "No it is my car. I can't give it up.My parents would kill me." She look up at Alexander before her eyes slide down to her legs as she rubs them out to hurry up so they were rested so she can get on to a city. She is keen to get back to civilization and work out where she was since none of this makes sense.
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:06 am

Jessie shouts in surprise as she is caught and and quickly covers her nose from all the smells that hit her at once. "Ewww!! W-where am I?? This isn't the mall..!" She asks in a panic and glances about, she looks at the man who caught her and gulps. "W-who are you? I-I'm Jessie...please don't hurt me?" She nervously asks while keeping her eyes on the man, she glances at the horse for a moment with a look of curiosity and happiness as her love of animals kicks in for a moment, never being this close to a horse before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Carry considers a moment.
"Not sure I can part with my bicycle yet, but as long as I'm here I don't mind you all borrowing it."
Otherwise, he asks about any jobs he can start, as he needs to think a while before he starts asking questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumichika

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:19 pm

“Yeah I ain’t giving up my bike until it is absolutely necessary. But I am willing to do some hard work for a trade. I am also willing to fix things and besides I might be able to make some fuel if I can find the right stuff some time in the future. And besides it took me a long time to save up the money for it.” he said as he leaned against his bike and thought about what else he can do for a trade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rukaithedesertrose.deviantart.com/
CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Sue smiles and pushes her hat back. "Well for you that are going to stay. I got a few jobs. I was just offernin' for a trade of goods even if it may be off in value for you guys." She scratches her chin for a few moments, "Well for you mister, "she gestures towards Carry. "You seem like an out doorsy woodsman type. Well I need to set up some traps about the farm and in the local woods. Local pests have been more uppity the normal. Or you can start with choppin' some wood." She looks Dakota up and down and seems to be struggling with the fair complexion of a woman on a guy. "Hmm for yah I might have you doing some farm work. Nothing too straining just pulling out weeds and digging holes."

She talks with Marcus and sets him up with house hold work while she lets Alex and Gaura rest on the porch like area until they are ready to go. She does offer some water from the well and slightly stale bread.

Jessie
He looks confused and unsure on how to react to Jessie's words for mere moments before he mumbles out, "I'm nobody." He watches her and shuffles so he is shielding his horse with his own body. He says a bit louder with a croak to his voice, "I will not hurt you Miss Jessie. Unless you harm me or my horse." He seems to be placing his words carefully with her as his dull eye catch the light. His eyes keep dropping to her hands and feet as if watching for sudden movement. He glances at the door then back at Jessie before nickering slightly to call the Granzil to his side. The reptile-animal creeps out of the shadows as it approaches haltingly. It settles away from the horse and the people as it licks it's eyes before sitting down to clean it's talons. A single eye lingers on Jessie as it seems to be sizing her up lazily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Carry says he will try a hand at woodcutting. He doesn't like trapping animals much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:15 am

Jessie blinks and gulps. "N-nobody? You really don't have a name I can call you by? And hurt your horse? I would never. I actually am very fond of animals." She explains before blinking reptilian creature that comes into view and tilts her head. "I've just never been this close to a horse before...and believe me I was more worried about you hurting me at first..." Jessie gulps out nervously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medieval lands: How did we get there   

Back to top Go down

Medieval lands: How did we get there
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2